Enabling and Applicable Legislation
**Constitution and Bylaws updated 01.20.2023**
** CACJ Rules updated 02.01.2024**
Executive Committee Membership
The Executive Committee membership for the Council will be either Accountability Court present Judges, Senior Judges, or Judges Emeriti that have presided over an accountability court for a minimum of two years. Officers and members of the Committee will serve annual terms beginning each fiscal year on July 1st. They may succeed themselves for up to four consecutive terms.
Executive Committee Members
Judge Lawton E. Stephens - Chair, Western Judicial Circuit
Judge Brian McDaniel - Vice Chair, Southern Judicial Circuit
Judge Charles Auslander III - Immediate Past Chair, Athens-Clarke County
Judge Cynthia C. Adams, Douglas Judicial Circuit
Judge Karen E. Beyers, Gwinnett Judicial Circuit
Judge B. Chan Caudell, Mountain Judicial Circuit
Judge Jeremy D. Clough, Enotah Judicial Circuit
Judge Maureen Gottfried, Chattahoochee Judicial Circuit
Judge Shana Rooks Malone, Clayton Judicial Circuit
Judge Robert C.I. McBurney, Atlanta Judicial Circuit
Judge Jason B. Thompson, Fayette County
There are five Standing Committees: Funding, Training, Standards & Certification, Legislation, and Nominations. Primary Objectives of the committees are as follows:
- Funding Committee: Oversight of all grants and funds on behalf of the Council provided by the State.
- Training Committee: Development of courses and programs for the continuing education of the Accountability Court team members throughout the State.
- Standards and Certification Committee: Development of the standards and best practices as well as the eligibility for state funding for approval by the Council.
- Legislation Committee: Monitoring of all legislation affecting the accountability courts of Georgia.
- Nominations Committee: Assist the Council in sustaining its elected leadership.
- Data and Research Committee: Development and refinement of performance measures and research recommendations for approval by the Council.