Statutes, Rules, & Bylaws
Enabling and Applicable Legislation
Adult Felony Drug Courts - O.C.G.A. 15-1-15
Adult Mental Health Courts - O.C.G.A. 15-1-16
Veterans Treatment Courts - O.C.G.A. 15-1-17
Family Treatment Courts - O.C.G.A. 15-11-70
Council of Accountability Court Judges - O.C.G.A. 15-1-18
DATE Funds - O.C.G.A. 15-21-101
**Rules updated 11.4.2021**
Executive Committee Membership
The Executive Committee membership for the Council will be either Accountability Court present Judges, Senior Judges, or Judges Emeriti that have presided over an accountability court for a minimum of two years. Officers and members of the Committee will serve annual terms beginning each fiscal year on July 1st. They may succeed themselves for up to four consecutive terms.
Executive Committee Members
Judge Charles Auslander III – Chair, Athens-Clarke County State Court
Judge Lawton Stephens – Vice Chair, Western Judicial Circuit
Chief Judge D. Scott Smith - Immediate Past Chair, Cherokee Judicial Circuit
Judge Cynthia C. Adams, Douglas Judicial Circuit
Judge Karen E. Beyers, Gwinnett Judicial Circuit
Judge Jeremy D. Clough, Enotah Judicial Circuit
Judge Maureen Gottfried, Chattahoochee Judicial Circuit
Judge Robert C.I. McBurney, Atlanta Judicial Circuit
Judge John E. Niedrach, Rome Judicial Circuit
Chief Judge W. James Sizemore Jr., Southwestern Judicial Circuit
Judge Jason B. Thompson, Fayette County State Court
There are five Standing Committees: Funding, Training, Standards & Certification, Legislation, and Nominations. Primary Objectives of the committees are as follows:
- Funding Committee: Overseeing of all grants and funds on behalf of the Council provided by the State.
- Training Committee: Development of courses and programs for the continuing education of the Accountability Court team members throughout the State.
- Standards and Certification Committee: Develop the standards and best practices as well as the eligibility for state funding for approval by the Council.
- Legislation Committee: Monitoring of all legislation affecting the accountability courts of Georgia.
- Nominations Committee: Assist the Council in sustaining its elected leadership.