Statutes, Rules, & Bylaws
Enabling and Applicable Legislation
Executive Committee Membership
The Executive Committee membership for the Council will be either Accountability Court present Judges, Senior Judges, or Judges Emeriti that have presided over an accountability court for a minimum of two years. Officers and members of the Committee will serve annual terms beginning each fiscal year on July 1st. They may succeed themselves for up to four consecutive terms.
Executive Committee Members
Chief Judge D. Scott Smith – Chair, Cherokee Judicial Circuit
Judge Charles Auslander III – Vice Chair, Athens-Clarke County State Court
Chief Judge Kathlene F. Gosselin - Immediate Past Chair, Northeastern Judicial Circuit
Judge Karen E. Beyers, Gwinnett Judicial Circuit
Chief Judge Asha F. Jackson, Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit
Judge John E. Niedrach, Rome Judicial Circuit
Chief Judge Russell W. Smith, Mountain Judicial Circuit
Chief Judge W. James Sizemore Jr., Southwestern Judicial Circuit
Judge Lawton Stephens, Western Judicial Circuit
Judge Jason B. Thompson, Fayette County State Court
Judge Alison W. Toller, Northeastern Judicial Circuit
There are five Standing Committees: Funding, Training, Standards & Certification, Legislation, and Nominations. Primary Objectives of the committees are as follows:
- Funding Committee: Overseeing of all grants and funds on behalf of the Council provided by the State.
- Training Committee: Development of courses and programs for the continuing education of the Accountability Court team members throughout the State.
- Standards and Certification Committee: Develop the standards and best practices as well as the eligibility for state funding for approval by the Council.
- Legislation Committee: Monitoring of all legislation affecting the accountability courts of Georgia.
- Nominations Committee: Assist the Council in sustaining its elected leadership.